Dazzling: Olbermann indicts elected officials on healthcare-funded campaigns
Watch this video!
Keith Olbermann reveals the numbers behind those Senators and Congressmen and women who have funded their elections with health industry money, and who now deliver the goods by killing the public option.
I believe that Iowa’s own Chuck Grassley (who lately has joined in the “death panels” fabrication) is among the top ten recipients of health industry contributions in the Senate. Sen. Max Baucus, chair of the Senate Finance Committee, received more campaign money from the industry than from his home state.
The public option is the single greatest cost-cutting measure of this entire process. It creates competition for an industry that operates in near-monopoly conditions. It takes the need to make a profit out of the choices doctors offer their patients.
It is good for Americans but bad for health industry millionaires. And the CEOs are calling in their debts.
The politicians who rode industry money into office know what’s at stake: choke the the public option, or find other money to fund your re-election.
Write your elected officials today. Tell them you want the option to choose insurance that doesn’t connect care with profits. You can find their addresses in the right sidebar, under the heading “E-mail.”
They’ve got the money. But we cast the votes.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Grassley voted for end-of-life counseling in 2003 (mydd.com)
- Sen. Grassley: “Bipartisan” means “no public option” (masbury.wordpress.com)
- Is Max Baucus the New Phil Gramm? (tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Iowa Dept of Elder Affairs Supports Pulling the Plug on Grandma? (firedoglake.com)
- Grassley Comment Raises Fresh Doubts About Bipartisanship (huffingtonpost.com)
- How can Dems negotiate with this guy? (dailykos.com)
- Sarah Palin Setting Finance Committee Policy? (dailykos.com)
- Media: GOP ‘death panel’ claims like insisting ‘the earth is flat’ (masbury.wordpress.com)