Media: GOP ‘death panel’ claims like insisting ‘the earth is flat’
Outstanding video: News media anchors express astonishment that GOP leaders (Iowa’s own Chuck Grassley being today’s lead) would be so brazen as to fabricate the “death panel” scare. It’s like insisting “that the earth is flat.”
The truth? A Republican Congressman wrote a provision into one of the House bills calling for insurance payment to be available to people who want to consult their physician about making a living will.
That’s it. The rest is simply made up. There is no government involvement at all.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Surprise! GOP Leaders Pressure Senators to Stall Health Care Reform (seminal.firedoglake.com)
- Chuck Grassley, Again (dailykos.com)
- Grassley Comment Raises Fresh Doubts About Bipartisanship (huffingtonpost.com)
- Grassley Wants Political Cover, But Americans Want Health Care (campaignsilo.firedoglake.com)
- Grassley Protects His Party’s Interests, Not Yours. Senator, Why Are You Ignoring Our Desperate Need for Health Care? (crooksandliars.com)
- No Backlash? (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Kyl Shows Who’s Really in Charge of Baucus Committee (dailykos.com)