from John and Margaret Scott in Mozambique
Prayer and Praise from Scotts: Maputo, June 14, 2007
Just a note to touch base with you before the two of us leave on a long trip, a road trip to Northern Mozambique. Our 4×4 Pajero will be chock full new Jesus Film equipment which we will be delivering along the way. Two dear gentlemen going with us have joined the administration team of the program of theological education by extension, IBNAL, training pastors, deacons and lay leaders around the country. We will enjoy sharing with them the experience of visiting the students and trainers in several of the remote centers.
We will visit Rev. Mazivila at the church site in Vilaculos which was hit by the cyclone in February. If you are interested in pictures of this, please see the first photo album at http://public.fotki.com/jonpaulscott/ which is also linked to another Fotki site http://public.fotki.com/parsonjscott/ with more pictures.
Speaking of websites regarding Africa, you might be interested in:
- An Overview of Mozambique, ELEANOR STANFORD http://www.everyculture.com/Ma-Ni/Mozambique.html
- friends of ours, Dr. & Mrs. Ken Walker, have set up a very interesting partnership for educational endeavors in Africa which you might want to visit at http://www.edufoundation.org/ and
- artist friend, Beth Restrict has one at http://glimpsesofafrica.googlepages.com/home
Most of you know by now that the Lord has opened to us a new avenue of ministry in the country next door, Malawi, where Jon will be the principal of Nazarene Theological College of Central Africa, located in the city of Lilongwe. As I write, he is sorting papers, getting ready for the shippers who will come to move our belongings the middle of July.
Because of this new assignment, our deputation schedule has been slightly altered, but we still are headed Stateside the middle of September, and will speak in Central Canada, West Texas, SW Indiana, Indianapolis, and Philadelphia. The beginning of our time home is the BIG deal of the family gathering from many different states for the wedding of Miss Lauren Holt and Nathan Scott on September 23rd.
So, you can probably already understand our prayers requests:
- for a time of blessing and safety for the trip and all the stops along the way
- for strength and patience for Rev. Mazivila and his congregation
- for the great responsibility that awaits us in Malawi including clarifying the vision for a broader ministry at the college
- for unction during our deputation services.
Be blessed in Him,
Jon and Margaret Scott
Tags: Mozambique, Malawi, Africa, Nazarene+Theological+College, Lilongwe, Education+Africa, Jesus+film, Monte Asbury